What We’ve Been Learning – Summer Weeks 3 & 4
- We have thought about writing our own island story; we have made changes to a story map and orally told it to a friend.
- We have written our island stories thinking carefully about using exciting language, connectives and time words.
- We have solving fraction of shape and fraction of number focusing on a variety of different methods.
- We have also looked at how to find the difference in different problems.
- We have used ‘Hour of code’ website to program an object to move across the screen.
- We have visited Mary’s Garden to investigate micro-habitats; we have looked at where different minibeasts live and why they choose to live there.
- We have continued to practise our country dancing to music.
- We have continued to sew our islands.
- In handwriting we have learnt the joins ot, ou, ow.
- We have been learning our new spellings – behind, mind, friend, even, eye, wild
Have a look in the garden or outside for different minibeasts; where do they live?
Why do they live there?
Look for possessive apostrophes in your reading book.