What We’ve Been Learning – Summer Week 11
We have been learning ……..
- We have made decorations to wear on our island day; we have made welcome leis and head dresses to wear as part of our island outfit.
- We have designed an advert for our island day remembering all the features such as venue, date and time.
- We have used the internet to research traditional island costumes and have designed our own island outfit.
- We have painted island scenes on the pebbles we collected from the Isle of Wight.
- In our free writing books we have written an island story or adventure.
- We have written an Island acrostic using all the descriptive vocabulary we have learnt this year such as similes, metaphors and alliteration.
- We have been cooking and preparing food and drink to eat during our island day.
- We had great fun on our island day and enjoyed tasting the different food. We played the djembe drums and even had a go at learning a Hawaiian dance!
- We have painted our model lighthouses and added an electrical circuit.
Try writing another island story!