What We’ve Been Learning – Year 1 – Autumn Week 4
- We have been focusing on teen numbers in maths, remembering that they are made of one ten and then x amount of ones. We showed this using a tens frame.
- We have been writing our teen numbers, making sure we write the 1 digit first and then trying to write all of our numbers the correct way around.
- We chose a scene from We’re Going on a Bear Hunt and then used our sounds to sound out WOW words to describe each picture.
- We have practised writing the letters i, u, y.
- We have been thinking about our growth mindset. We know to never give up and to keep trying even when things are tricky. We have said 5 things we like about ourselves.
- We have discussed different signs of autumn and talked about evergreen trees.
- We have learnt how to colour mix with powder paints.
- We have explored our senses by touching and smelling things.
– Practise writing numbers 0 – 20.
– Can I think of WOW words (adjectives) to describe objects that I can see?