What We’ve Been Learning – Year 1 – Autumn Week 5
- We have been working out how many tens and how many ones there are in each number and then making these using Numicon and diennes.
- We have been thinking about the four different seasons and we drew what we thought the seasons would look like.
- We have been learning that it is okay to make mistakes when learning and to not know everything. We know that if we make mistakes we learn from them and if we are unsure about how to do something then we can learn how to do it.
- We have been drawing our own new scenes to make a class bear hunt story and we have been adding ‘wow’ words to plan what we can add in our story writing in the following weeks.
- We have learnt the tricky words I, a, go, to and the.
- We have practiced writing the letters l, e, s, f.
- We have continued to learn about our senses and carried out taste and sound investigations.
- We have been creating leaf rubbings and prints using autumnal colours.
– Can I write my own bear hunt story, remembering capital letters, finger spaces and full stops?
– Can I draw the tens and ones that are in a 2 digit number?
– Can I write some sentences using the tricky words I, a, go, to or the?