What We’ve Been Learning – Year 3 – Autumn Week 6
- We have planned and written adverts persuading pirates to join our school.
- We had a fabulous Pirate Day and a real pirate came to visit! He showed us many artefacts such as a real canon, swords and pistols. We got to walk the plank, have a tug of war, swing in a hammock and made a clay medallion.
- We looked at the suffix –ing and have added it to words.
- We have learnt the compact column method in addition in order to solve number problems. E.g 124 + 122 =
- 122 +
- We practised our TT Rockstars each day looking at the 2 times table.
- We practised the joins -age, -aid and –ail
- We had a Spelling Quiz on the old spellings – appear, heard, naughty, enough, promise, through
- We looked at the new spellings – knew, know, knee, knife, knock, gnaw, gnat, gnome
Practise the new spellings.
Remember to try to read at least 4 times at home each week.