What We’ve Been Learning – Year 1 – Autumn 2 Week 1
- We have been learning about how non-fiction books are different to fiction books.
- We have written captions to match different photos of bears.
- We have written facts that we know about bears.
- We have been solving subtraction number sentences using real objects to ‘take away’.
- We have been writing number sentences e.g. 7 – 4 = 3, starting with the biggest number first.
- We have discussed the term ‘bullying’ and thought of ways to ensure everyone is happy at school.
- In Science we have been learning about different materials, such as wood, plastic and their properties.
- We have been learning our tricky words – they, all, are, her, said
Can I practise writing subtraction number sentences and use objects to help solve them.
Can I practice writing my tricky words? They, all, are, her, said
Can I look around my house and identify what different objects are made from?