What We’ve Been Learning – Year 6 – Autumn Week 9
- This week in maths we have started a new unit on Fractions. So far we have revised what we know, and looked at simplifying, ordering and comparing fractions. We are using the terms ‘highest common factor’ and ‘lowest common denominator’.
- In English we have started reading a new book – Once by Morris Gleitzman. We have thought about the character, Felix, and looked into how the writer builds tension in the first few chapters.
- In PE we are learning basketball skills and we have practised the first few steps of the Lindyhop!
- In Science we have begun a new topic which is all about Light and How we See Things.
- We have completed and evaluated our work with chalk pastels recreating the art of Henry Moore (scenes of people sheltering in the London Underground stations).
- Finally, we have been preparing for our trip to PGL by looking at the presentation that we shared with parents, and by choosing who we would like to share rooms with. We are all really looking forward to next week!
Things to try at home:
Please encourage your child to fill in their reading record regularly so that we can see what they are reading and what they think about it.
Please also make sure that your child packs their own luggage and that they are able to carry it themselves!
Thank you for all your support!