What We’ve Been Learning – Year 6 – Autumn Week 11
- This week in maths we have continued our work on Fractions. We are ordering, comparing, adding and subtracting fractions.
- In English we have continued reading ‘Once’ by Morris Gleitzman. We have also started to research the lives in people who risked their lives during the war to help others. This is in preparation for writing biographies next week. (They have homework this weekend!)
- In PE we are learning basketball skills and we have been practising our Lindyhop steps.
- In Science we have been learning about how the eye works.
- In Art we have started to look at silhouette pictures of London in the blitz. The first step was colour mixing using powder paints and then blending to create a background. We learned facts about the blitz at the same time.
- Finally, we have been recovering from our trip to PGL and working through our Smart Moves books to help us prepare for secondary school.
- Albatross Class have been busy preparing for their class assembly next week…
Things to try at home:
There is homework on Mymaths! Also, you could look at some archive footage of the Lindyhop!
Thank you for all your support!