What We’ve Been Learning – Summer Week 8
- In groups we have made a poster about our islands, we have used headings, sub-headings and photographs to make our posters interesting.
- In our groups we have practised talking about our island and rehearsed what we want to tell the class.
- We have made a presentation to the class about our islands.
- We have revisited work on money and finding different ways to make up an amount, also working out how much change we would receive from buying different items.
- We have used ‘Unit the Robot’ website to program the robot to move across the screen and also looked at ‘Hour of Code’.
- We have continued to practise our country dancing to music.
- We have continued to work on our tennis skills.
- In handwriting we have learnt the joins ure, uck, use.
- We have looked at using connectives to help us expand our sentences.
- We have also made posters on electricity safety.
- We have continued to use our sewing skills to attach our islands to a hessian background.
Search for different connectives, in stories you read at home. For example, and, because, so, if, but.