What We’ve Been Learning – Year 1 – Autumn Week 3
- We have read the story We’re Going on a Bear Hunt and re-enacted the story using props.
- We have made our own bear hunt books, sequencing the pictures from the story and adding our own words.
- We have made collages of the different scenes from We’re going on a bear hunt.
- We have practised writing the letters o, a, g, d, q
- We have been finding 1 more and 1 less than numbers to 20 and beyond.
- We have been discussing what it means to belong to different groups such as our family and class.
- We started to share what we already know about bears and have a think about what we’d like to find out next.
- We have learnt about some of the bones we have in our bodies including the spine, skull, ribs and pelvis.
– Can you show your grown ups where the different bones are in your body?
– Call out a number and work out 1 more/1 less than this.