What We’ve Been Learning – Year 3 – Autumn Week 5
- We have made changes to the story Pirate School and wrote our own version; thinking of different characters, lessons and problems.
- We looked at the spellings of kn- and gn- in words.
- We have learnt the expanded column method in addition and partitioned numbers in order to solve number problems. E.g 24 + 22 =
- 20 + 4
- 20 + 2
- 40 + 6 = 46
- We practised our TT Rockstars each day looking at the 2 times table.
- We have investigated which materials are magnetic and tested different items around the classroom.
- We have cut a photograph of ourselves in half and then tried to draw a mirror image of ourselves. We have talked about how faces are not symmetrical.
- We have thought about how important it is to recognise our own talents and skills and have described 5 things we like about ourselves.
- We practised the joins -act, -add and -ade
- We had a Spelling Quiz on the old spellings – early, group, often, different, fruit and centre.
- We looked at the new spellings – spotty, funny, muddy, shiny, spicy, spiky, quickly, slowly and quietly
Practise the new spellings.
Try writing a pirate adventure story.