What We’ve Been Learning – Year 3 – Autumn Week 7
- We have researched facts about the most famous pirate of all, Blackbeard!
- We have created a colourful and detailed fact file about Blackbeard using our research notes.
- We looked at the spelling of the sound ‘j’ in words such as jacket, gentle, charge and badge.
- We have learnt how to use the expanded column method in subtraction in order to solve number problems. E.g 254 – 122 =
200 50 4
100 20 2 –
100 30 2 = 132
- We practised our TT Rockstars each day looking at the 2 and 10 times table.
- We have met with our buddy class to practise a harvest poem and a song ready for the harvest assembly.
- We have continued our work on self-portraits, this week we looked at self-portraits of famous artists such as Rembrandt, Picasso, Van Gogh and chose the self-portrait by Andy Warhol to copy.
- We have completed our investigation on magnets by creating and making a magnetic game.
- We practised the joins – ain, -air, -ais
- We had a Spelling Quiz on the old spellings – appear, heard, naughty, enough, promise, through
- We looked at the new spellings – knew, know, knee, knife, knock, gnaw, gnat, gnome
Practise the new spellings.
Remember to try to read at least 4 times at home each week.