What We’ve Been Learning – Year 3 – Autumn Week 8
- We have written a newspaper report about Blackbeard’s final fight and his demise.
- We had a visit from the author Sophy Henn and listened to how she gets her ideas for her books. She taught us how to draw her character Bad Nana.
- We looked at the spelling of the sound ‘o’ in words when after w and qu
- We have learnt how to use the compact column method in subtraction in order to solve number problems. E.g 254 – 122 =
- We practised our TT Rockstars each day looking at the 2, 5 and 10 times table.
- We have performed our harvest poem and a song in the harvest assembly.
- We have completed our investigation on magnets by creating a magnetic game.
- We practised the joins – ake, -all, -ale
- We had a Spelling Quiz on the old spellings – knew, know, knee, knife, knock, gnaw, gnat, gnome
- We looked at the new spellings – bicycle, consider, history, important, potatoes, thought
At home over the holidays:
Practise the new spellings.
Remember to try to read at least 4 times at home each week.
Keep playing on TT Rockstars.