What We’ve Been Learning – Year 6 – Autumn Week 7
- This week in maths we have been looking at factors, multiples and primes.
- In English we have been writing telegrams and invitations to a tea party and getting towards the end of Letters from the Lighthouse.
- In PE we have adapted our assault courses to incorporate the wall bars
- In PSHE we are continuing our work on transition to secondary school, using the ‘Smart Moves’ books. We also took part in a BBCC live lesson focusing on well being.
- We have been busy practising songs for the Harvest Assembly with our buddy class in Year 3 (Plovers).
- In Art we have created charcoal and pastel drawings based on Henry Moore’s work on the underground shelters in London during the Blitz.
Things to try at home:
Have a look at the kit list for PGL; think about questions your child may have before we go. We will be spending an afternoon after half term preparing ourselves for the trip and dealing with any worries or questions before we go.
Please ask to see your child’s reading record – although they should record their own reading, this does need to be signed once a week.
Thank you for all your support!