What We’ve Been Learning – Year 1 – Spring Week 3
Please see below what Year 1 have been learning
- We have been writing about our favourite scenes in ‘The Naughty Bus’, explaining why we like them.
- We have looked at some calligrams from the story and created our own.
- In DT we have been looking at ‘lift the flap’ books and have started to create our own lift the flap pictures.
- We have continued to learn how to count to 10 in French.
- We have used the program ‘2 create a superstory’ to make an image of a bus and program it to move around the page.
- We have been learning about measuring length and height. We now know that we can measure length and height using centimetres.
Can I retell the Naughty Bus story to an adult at home? Can I tell them my favourite part and why?
Can I explain what happens to some of the words on the page (where the author makes the word look like the word)? What is this called? (calligram)
Can I use a ruler to measure objects around the house?